Transport Apps for NSW BEST 5
TRIP PLANNING/ REGIONAL SERVICES /TRAVEL ALERTS/ SCHOOL BUSES /SEAT AVAILABILITY
AnyTrip is a mobile responsive web app that you can use to share real-time arrival times and service alerts via Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS or Twitter.
- Check which service you are currently travelling on
- Check real-time departure information for buses, trains and ferry stops
- Get an at-a-glance view of all public transport across NSW.
2. Live Traffic NSW
Live Traffic NSW users will be able to keep up to date with news of incidents and conditions that affect their journey in Sydney and Regional NSW.
- Live updates on traffic incidents around NSW.
- Access to live traffic cameras from the Transport Management Centre (TMC).
- Save and set up alerts on favourite routes.
3. Opal Travel
TRIP PLANNING / ACCESSIBILITY / OPAL FARES / REGIONAL SERVICES / DRIVING
With Opal Travel, top up your Opal cards and see your Weekly Travel Reward information from wherever you are. You can plan a trip to and from anywhere in NSW and Opal fare estimates for many services.
- Trip planning for trains, buses, ferries, light rail, regional trains and coaches.
- Get Opal card fare estimates.
- Receive alerts to notify you when you are approaching your stop.
- Subscribe to travel disruption notifications specific to your trip.
- See your Weekly Travel Reward journey count.
- Top up, set auto top up or find nearby Opal retailers.
When topping up through the Opal app, allow up to one hour for your card balance to update.
The latest version of the Opal Travel app introduces personalised alerts, which will notify you of disruptions that may affect your trip. If you use an iPhone, you must enable push notifications.
- Identifies wheelchair accessible services.
- Compatible with TalkBack on Android and VoiceOver on iOS.
TRIP PLANNING / ACCESSIBILITY / REGIONAL SERVICES / TRAVEL ALERTS / SEAT AVAILABILITY
TripView creates trip plans for train, bus, ferry, light rail and coach services. Plan your trip based on stations, stops and wharves. For bus travel, you can search by route, suburb or stop. It will list all timetabled services with real-time data.
- View summary of the next departures between stops.
- View full timetables and track your service in real time .
- See the expected arrival time at your destination.
- Track your bus on a map in real time.
- Check available passenger space on the next bus service.
- Provides accessibility information for services.
- Compatible with VoiceOver on iOS.
5. Speed Adviser
Speed Adviser monitors your location and speed via GPS and plays an audible warning if you exceed the speed limit.
- Receive alerts when approaching an active school zone in NSW.
- Speed Advisor data includes every active school zone, with gazetted school days and non-standard school zones included.
- The app will display the speed limit of 40 km/h.