긍정적 에너지를 만드는 호주_Federal Government’s Emissions Reduction Communications Campaign
Australia has a plan to achieve net zero emissions by 2050.
Our Long-Term Emissions Reduction Plan focuses on the technology that will help Australia cut emissions while creating jobs and growing our economy.
We will help our regional industries and communities seize economic opportunities in new and traditional markets.
Greenhouse gas emissions lead to warming of the atmosphere and are released into the air by activities such as burning fossil fuels, land clearing and agricultural practices.
Net zero emissions means for any greenhouse gas emissions that are released, an equivalent amount is taken out of the atmosphere.
Australia has made good progress reducing emissions so far. Our emissions are about 20% below 2005 levels.
This continuing decline in emissions is being driven by Australia’s world-leading adoption of renewable energy sources, like solar power.
Investing in the future
We’re investing more than $20 billion in low emissions technologies between now and 2030.
This will lead to more than $80 billion total investment (through public and private sources) and support an estimated 160,000 jobs.
For more read the Technology Investment Roadmap.
|Low emissions technologies
Australia has an abundance of natural resources and the skilled workforce to be a world leader in low emissions technologies.
We’re prioritising 6 technologies to help us achieve a low emissions future:
– Clean hydrogen – a clean fuel for homes, vehicles and industry.
– Ultra low-cost solar – making electricity cheaper so that our industries remain competitive.
– Energy storage – storing large amounts of electricity is key to ensuring it is available when and where it is needed.
– Low emissions materials – industry will reduce emissions by producing steel and aluminium with low emissions technologies.
– Carbon capture and storage – a proven, safe technology that can permanently store emissions from heavy industries.
– Affordable soil carbon measurement– more farmers are taking steps to store carbon in their soil, making soils healthier and increasing productivity.
The Low Emissions Technology Statement outlines how we’re supporting these technologies to be as affordable as existing higher emissions technologies, to encourage their uptake.
This next generation of low emissions technologies brings with it enormous potential and benefits, including:
– Reducing emissions
– Lowering our energy costs
– Creating new jobs for Australians
– Boosting our economy
-Lowering our energy costs
-Creating new jobs for Australians
-Boosting our economy