8월 4째주 Council events
Heart and Move It in Ryde – Monday Program
8 week gentle exercise program for seniors and retirees
22 July – 16 September, on Mondays from 1.30 – 2.30 pm (arrive 1.15 pm). Free come & try session 22 July 2019.
The Heart and Move It program is an eight week, low-cost exercise program for seniors and retirees. Heart and Move It is a gentle exercise program with low to moderate intensity physical activity. It is designed to be safe for people with stable long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or obesity. This program is conducted indoors in a small group and includes 8 sessions delivered by an accredited and experienced Trainer.
The Heart and Move It program can help you reach your health goals:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol control
- Weight management
- Improved wellbeing and quality of life
- Improved diabetes management
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Improved sleep
- Improve bone mineral density with arthritis management
- Falls prevention
Advanced bookings essential. Places strictly limited. Late enrolments accepted. Click on the Book Online button below or call 9952 8222.
- BYO water and water bottle.
- Clothing must be suitable for physical activity.
- Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip sole and suitable for physical activity. NO thongs, sandals or open toed shoes.
- Booking confirmation with program information and participation forms will be emailed or posted to registered participants in advance.
- Each participant will be provided with a free short one-on-one consultation pre-program.
The Heart and Move It program is for seniors and retirees at risk of chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and bone or joint problems. Any fitness level, even if you haven’t been active in a while. For more information contact the Active Recreation Officer on 9952 8222.
Knitting Group: Blacktown (Tuesday)
Next date: Tuesday, 27 August 2019 | 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Novice and experienced knitters are invited to knit squares for the organisation Wrap With Love. Bring along your knitting needles and wool to help Wrap With Love distribute colourful wraps to communities in need around the world.
Tea, coffee and good company provided.
- Tuesday, 13 August 2019 | 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, 20 August 2019 | 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, 27 August 2019 | 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, 03 September 2019 | 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, 10 September 2019 | 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Max Webber Library, 61 Flushcombe Road, Blacktown 2148 View Map
Tech Savvy Seniors – Introduction to smartphones
Start Date & Time: Friday, 30 August 2019 9:30 am
End Date & Time: Friday, 30 August 2019 11:45 am
Address: Chatswood Library on The Concourse, Lower Ground, 409 Victoria Ave, Chatswood
Places Available: 1
In this workshop, you will learn the basics of how to navigate your way around a smartphone with a touchscreen. You will learn how to turn the phone on and off, make and receive calls, add a contact and look up a contact, and change the volume on the phone. You will also learn briefly about apps, what they are, how to download them, and the costs associated with them.
You can use the Library’s devices or bring your own.
Bookings essential – use the ‘Book Now’ button below.
The Tech Savvy Seniors program assists seniors who have limited or no previous experience in using technology to learn new skills for the future. The training is free and will help older people to access information and stay connected with their family, friends and communities.
Tech Savvy Seniors is a partnership between the NSW Government and Telstra.
Contact: Willoughby City Library on 9777 7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Newsletter: Subscribe to our e.newsletter to find out about all of Willoughby’s events and activities.
ATO pop-up Tax Help Centre
799 Pacific Highway, Gordon
This year Gordon Library is partnering with the ATO to provide a pop-up Tax Help Centre on Wednesdays from 10am to 2pm from July to October 2019.
Tax Help is a network of ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online using myTax.
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- Work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver.
- Run a business, including as a sole trader.
- Have partnership or trust matters.
- Sell shares or an investment property.
- Own a rental property.
- Have capital gains tax (CGT).
- Receive royalties.
- Receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund.
- Receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
More information can be found on the ATO website.
Bookings are essential and can be made by contacting Gordon Library staff on 9424 0120 or email@example.com.
SUSTAINABLE SHOPPING TOUR
Discover ways to develop sustainable and socially beneficial shopping habits on this new walking tour of the Parramatta CBD