7월 셋째 주 Council Events
Your Waste Adventure
Have you ever wondered what happens to your recycling once you put it in your yellow-lidded recycling bin? Well here is your chance to find out!
City of Ryde Council residents are invited on a free tour of the VISY Materials Recycling Facility at Smithfield where materials from your yellow-lidded recycling bin are sent and sorted. You will get to walk through the factory and see your recycling in action!
After the tour of VISY we will return to Ryde Library (across the road from the Civic Centre) for light refreshments and a short presentation including tips for recycling and how to reduce your waste going to landfill.
Where: Meet at the Ryde Civic Centre car park where a bus will take us to and from Smithfield.
- Bring a packed lunch or snack to enjoy on the bus and a sense of adventure! Light afternoon tea provided at the library.
- Closed toe shoes and long pants need to be worn at all times. Long sleeved shirt and long trousers to your ankles must be worn at all times. Clothing must be suitable for walking.A detailed safety checklist will be provided in your confirmation letter (if you secure a seat on the tour).
- Other personal protective equipment will be provided and must be worn as directed.
- Public transportation is recommended. The Civic Centre car park on 1 Devlin Street, Ryde has a 3 hour parking limit.
- The tour is limited to people 18 years of age and over, and you must be able to walk up and down two (2) fights of stairs.
- Sections of this tour are not appropriate for people with pacemakers because the facility uses industrial magnets in the sorting process.
This is a Waste Education program brought to you by the City of Ryde.
Date & Time
Tuesday 23 July 2019 / 9.00am – 1.30pm
City of Ryde
Phone: 9952 8222
Free. Online registrations essential as places are limited.
Book early as places are strictly limited and we anticipate this session will reach full capacity.
City of Ryde Civic Centre Car Park, 1 Devlin Street, Ryde 2112 View Map
Sip & Share Book Club
Have you ever read such an awesome book that you’ve wanted to share with other people? Then come join Sip & Share, our book club where young people can share thoughts on all their favourite books, authors and genres while sipping on a free hot beverage.
Open to ages 13 – 18 only.
- Tuesday, 23 July 2019 | 04:30 PM – 05:30 PM
Our Library @ The Mount Druitt Hub, Ayres Grove, Mount Druitt 2770 View Map
Growing Pain – Free Business Event
Start Date & Time: Thursday, 25 July 2019 6:00 pm
End Date & Time: Thursday, 25 July 2019 8:00 pm
Address: Zenith Theatre, Mcintosh Street & Railway Street, Chatswood, Chatswood
Growing Pains: Lessons Learnt from Building a Digital Creative Business
This is the second in a series of three events.
In Australia, 20% of small businesses fail in their first year, 30% of small businesses fail in their second year, and 50% of small businesses fail in their fifth year of business. There are a lot of pitfalls to dodge when building a business – especially in the quick-changing digital and creative industries like virtual reality and media content creation.
How do you increase your chance of surviving as a digital and creative business? What is the most important consideration when starting out with your own digital and creative business?
Join us as we talk with successful entrepreneurs in the digital and creative industries to learn first-hand about what pitfalls to avoid (and how), and the wisdom they would’ve loved to pass onto themselves when they were starting out.
Our panel includes:
- Susanto Widjaja, Director at Papercrane Productions
- More to be announced
- 6.00pm Arrivals, Drinks and Networking
- 6.30pm Presentations and Panel Discussion
- 7.00pm Q&A
- 7.30pm Networking & Wrap
- 8.00pm Event Wraps
Term 3 art, guitar and writing classes
For : Adults, Seniors
When: Mon 22 Jul 2019 at 9:00 AM -4:30 PM
Where: Ku-ring-gai Art Centre 3 Recreation Ave, Roseville Contact details:
Contact Person: Ku-ring-gai Art Centre
Telephone: 9424 0310
Website: Ku-ring-gai Art Centre
Cost: $ varies
Join us for another busy term full of fantastic opportunities to be creative.
Why not try a 9-week term class or one of our weekend workshops.
View and book our classes and courses.
Classes are a great gift idea for a loved one. Gift certificates available for purchase.
UNDERSTANDING HEALTHY EATING FOR TYPE TWO DIABETES – IN MANDARIN
Parramatta Library – This talk will discuss dietary intervention for type 2 diabetes, understanding glycaemia Index and a healthy eating guide. There will also be a Q&A .
Presented by Fay Yu , an accredited practising dietitian, specialising in chronic diseases.
This program is jointly organised by Parramatta Library, Australian Chinese Medical Association and Western Sydney Local Health District.
Free | Bookings not required.
August 23, 2019
1:00pm – 2:30pm